Monday, September 8, 2008

Thing 5


Shelf Messages 1
Originally uploaded by MrShin
I really enjoy photography. I think it's my favorite art-form. I could (and maybe did) just sift through Flickr for hours. As much as anything else, it's fascinating to see what has captured other people's attention, and what has struck other people as important enough to remember or share with others.

One of Flickr's features that I particularly enjoy is geotagging. Google does a similar thing with their maps (and I assume Picasa). Place is an important part of the context for some pictures, part of what gives them meaning, or significance.

These are just pictures I took in the library stacks. Nothing fancy, I just thought the coincidence of these particular books being placed next to each other on the shelf was funny.

No comments: