Monday, December 1, 2008

Thing 22: MOLDI

You say "Learn," I say "OK...press Play...WTF!?...why can't I download this stuff on any of the staff PCs?"



I think MOLDI is a great service, and I expect it to become more popular in the future. It isn't what I would call user friendly though. In order to use it at the library, I had to use 3 different computers, download updates to Windows Media Player, Adobe, the digital media software (which I had to search for the actual "download" button for), and then struggle with various error messages and pop-up instructions. The process would have been much simpler on my home computer, I think; so if I were someone who enjoyed listening to audiobooks, or wanted streaming classical music it would be well worth the effort to make sure everything was set up properly on my computer.

As more of the audio books become available in MP3 format, I really expect the service to take off; and I'm glad to have had the exposure now.

No comments: