Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thing 19: CML Power Tools

I've had the toolbar on my computer at home since it came out a while ago, but haven't really played with it much since then. I do use it on a regular basis, but usually just to go to the CML front page. In learning more about it, I found that I really like the search bar's catalog, dictionary and encyclopedia options. I can see the My Account button as a useful tool. Someone who uses MOLDI would love the eMedia links. The buttons to the Events, Kids and Teens pages might be useful to people who use them.


My Dream CML Toolbar would look something like this: a search bar like the one already available, with additional searches for events and web search capabilities like Google, Ask, etc. Configurable RSS feeds. A My Account button. eMedia, Events, Kids and Teens buttons with pull-down lists to narrow the options. And a Reference button with a pulldown list of popular topics, like legal, medical, jounrals, etc.

No comments: